Vegan Corn Chowder
Recipe by Andrea Mason
32 oz. Vegetable Broth
12 oz. Soy Creamer or Soymilk
1 Large Yellow Potato, medium diced
1 T. Olive Oil
6 oz. Soy Bacon, finely chopped
1 Small Onion, minced
1 Lb. Fresh or Frozen Corn
12 oz. Silken Tofu
1 T. Vegan Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Place diced potatoes in a pot with water to cover. Cook for 15
minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, sauté the soy bacon and onion
in oil in a stockpot large enough to accommodate all the liquids. Cook
until the bacon looks crisp and the onions
are soft and translucent.
3. Add half of the broth, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the cooked potatoes and add them with the corn to the stockpot.
Simmer another 5 minutes.
5. Blend the reserved vegetable broth, vegan Worcestershire sauce,
silken tofu, and creamer/soymilk in blender or food processor and add
6. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes. DO NOT allow to boil.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Note: You can make this soup in advance of when you plan to serve
it, allowing the flavors to blend. Simply reheat the soup being careful
not to boil.
Andrea Mason is the owner and chef of two companies just outside
of Boston, MA. She runs the New England Baklava Company, (www.NewEnglandBaklava.com)
and Catering by Dinner is Served (www.VeggieCatering.com), specializing
in vegetarian and vegan catering.
© STEALTH TECHNOLOGIES INC.